This blog is no longer hosted on this site. Check out the new and improved Domestic360 at domestic360life.com for even more DIYs, recipes, and fashion tips!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Roasted Avocado with Cheese

Here is another really quick post that started as an Instagram (follow me!) picture and has so many recipe requests that I had to do a blog post.

I've seen a few different variations on this recipe floating around on Pinterest (follow me!) and I was a little scared to try it out. I mean, warm avocados did not sound good to me at all. But, I was wrong. So very, very wrong.

Warm avocado with gooey cheese and spicy hot sauce is wonderful! Its creamy, cheesy, and bursting with flavor. Its a bonus that this recipe is so simple and easy to throw together.

I have been eating this for lunch, but it would make such an impressive dinner party dish. Maybe as the salad course?

Roasted Avocado with Cheese
(recipe adapted from Morsels and Musings)
  • 1 avocado
  • about 4 tablespoons shredded Italian blend cheese (divided)
  • hot sauce
  • fresh lime wedge
  • salt
Turn on the broiler and cover a cookie sheet with tin foil, this will make clean up a breeze!

Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Score the meat of the avocado in a diamond pattern and place on foil-covered cookie sheet meat side up.

Sprinkle a little salt over the meat of the avocado and add a few splashes of hot sauce. Fill the pit hole with cheese and then spread cheese over the rest of the meat. 

Place the cookie sheet in the oven on a middle rack. Watch it carefully making sure it doesn't burn. When the cheese is melted take the cookie sheet out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before eating. Squeeze a little fresh lime juice over the avocado and dig in!


NOTE: I haven't experimented with this recipe yet, but I am thinking adding some chopped pepperoni would be good. Or using cheddar or feta instead of Italian blend. Maybe adding tomatoes, garlic and cilantro, or olives and roasted red pepper? I bet it would be awesome done on the grill instead of in the oven, adding some smokeyness. There are so many options! Roasted avocados are going to be on my weekly rotation for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment