This blog is no longer hosted on this site. Check out the new and improved Domestic360 at domestic360life.com for even more DIYs, recipes, and fashion tips!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! 

We are back to summer weather here in the Nation's Capital. Don't know what happened to the lovely, crisp Autumn weather we were having, but yesterday was only one degree away from breaking a record for highest temperatures for this time of year. 87 degrees is just silly for October. I mean come on.

Hot weather or not, I am still jumping head-first into fall. Maybe I won't be wearing as many scarves and sweaters as I would like, but I will be watching all the Harry Potter movies (along with all the other wonderful Halloween flicks) and eating as much pumpkin as I can!

Tuesday I made Pumpkin Pie Dip with NO refined sugar. That is some good stuff! A friend said it tastes like "Fall in dip form." and the hubby said "What is this? Its good!" Love it when I get those kind of reactions to my culinary creations, especially when they are semi-healthy.


Today, I was debating between pancakes and a quick bread. I am trying to stay away from grains as much as possible and that kind of limits the bread options. There are some really good paleo bread recipes out there, but I am very picky because many of them end up having too much of an egg texture for my tastes. I can't stand that. This recipe does not have that texture.

This is just what I wanted in a pumpkin bread. Its moist, flavorful, spicy, and nutty. It has a wonderful pumpkin flavor and it turned out so beautiful. I could not have been happier with the way this turned out. I had some cinnamon-honey butter in the fridge that just sent it over the top! I gave some to my parents and my aunt and they all thought it was amazing and couldn't believe it was grain free. Score! J loved it too.


I hope you take a chance and make this, especially if you are feeling a little iffy about the whole gluten-free thing. This is the perfect inaugural recipe to show you how un-scary gluten-free is and how YUMMY it can be. Let me know if you try it out!

XOXO,
Coco

follow me on Instagram and get a look into my cooking, crafting, homemaking world!
Paleo Pumpkin Bread
(original recipe from Paleo on Main)

  • 1 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup mapple syrup
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
Topping:
  • 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/8 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

All ingredients should be room temperature. Preheat oven to 375F.  Grease 1.5 quart bread pan with coconut oil.  


Combine wet and dry ingredients in separate work bowls. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and pour batter into prepared bread pan. 

Combine topping ingredients and spread on top of prepared batter and place on middle rack in preheated oven.  

Bake bread for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out from the center of the loaf cleanly.  Allow to cool in the pan and slice. Serve plain or smeared butter or creamed honey.


No comments:

Post a Comment