This blog is no longer hosted on this site. Check out the new and improved Domestic360 at domestic360life.com for even more DIYs, recipes, and fashion tips!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Gingerbread House Love

Who isn't inspired by those amazing gingerbread houses? I mean have you ever seen how EPIC they can be! Unreal that they are made out of cookies. I mean some people are just overloaded with talent and creativity. I love watching those specials on the cooking channels, the creations that are outrageous.

Now, I love to bake. When I bake I try to make my cookies, cakes, pies, whatever as pretty as I can. They usually turn out somewhere between what my husband would make and a few steps below a professional bakery. I usually go for the chic and homemade look. When it comes to cookies however, my icing skills are seriously lacking.

I have never been able to figure out how to do that pipe and flood method, or really anything piped. I would love to learn, but I think its going to take more time than I have right now. One day... maybe...

Needless to say, I am always impressed with decorated cookies and therefore gingerbread houses. Eatable art. Here are some pictures of gingerbread houses that I am thoroughly impressed with.
Disney Gingerbread House, on Frog Prince Paperie
Gingerbread House, on Kalmbach Memorial Park
Falling Waters Gingerbread House, by coleypauline, on Flickr
Hogwarts, by Britta, at check out the photo tutorial!
The Burrow, By CraftSter user mezcraft, craftster.org

Biltmore Gingerbread House, by sweetashvegus, on Flickr




I really hope some of these photos have inspired you to get building! Make some awesome cookie houses and let me know how they turned out. If you need some more instructions, Nicole (a gingerbread house pro!) from Tradewind Tiaras did a great guest post on Frog Prince Paperie. Its a really great little tutorial on how to make great little gingerbread houses. Check out the post here.

Make sure to check out Gingerbread Ninja for some great Gingerbread inspiration!


XOXO,
Coco

1 comment: