This blog is no longer hosted on this site. Check out the new and improved Domestic360 at domestic360life.com for even more DIYs, recipes, and fashion tips!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Not-So-Glamorous Cookie Exchange


For some reason in my head Christmas Cookie Exchanges are these high-falutin' ladies events. Mimosas and sweater sets. Super fancy cookies that super-moms make and still manage to look fabulous and have well behaved children. 

In reality (or at least my reality), cookie exchanges are just a good old female bonding time. Eating cookies and gabbing away while our children run around like hooligans destroying everything in their wake. 

This year I went to my sister-in-law's cookie exchange. I knew a few of the moms and didn't know a few more. The party was so laid back and chill. No one cared that my kid had mac and cheese sauce all over his face and clothes, or that he was drinking out of any sippy cup he could find. It was the perfect little holiday gathering of moms. 

We all ate mac and cheese and drank lemon aid, and then munched on cookies until it was nap time And let me tell you, the cookie selection was insane. Cookies I have never heard of, and some classics. Here is what I can remember:
  • Unicorn Poop
  • Gingerdoodles/Snickersnaps (see yesterdays post)
  • Chocolate Chip (can't go wrong)
  • Cake Mix Cookies 
  • Hot Cocoa Cookies
  • Chocolate Jam Thumbprints
  • Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip
I didn't get too many pictures because I totally forgot I even had my camera until everyone had already left. I do have some though, so here they are. I hope your mouth starts watering a little and you want to host your own Not-So-Glamorous Cookie Exchange.
me and jude eating a cookie (I think he was trying to smile.)
the cookie smorgasbord

unicorn poop
cake batter cookies and hot cocoa cookies
gingerdoodles/snickersnaps

chocolate and jam thumbprints

oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chip
 
chocolate face

dorthy and the princess (or is she a fairy?) enjoying their cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment