This blog is no longer hosted on this site. Check out the new and improved Domestic360 at domestic360life.com for even more DIYs, recipes, and fashion tips!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

10 Recipes to Try this Christmas!


I love to bake. 
And cook. 
And eat. 
I really love to eat. 
I mean, who doesn't, right? 

One of the best things about the holidays is all of the food. Traditional favorites, and new creations! This year I comprised a list of all the recipes I want to try. Some I have already made and they turned out wonderfully, others are on my (ever increasing) To Do list. 

Check out my list of Top Ten Recipes to Try and let me know how they turn out for you!

1. Chocolate Pie with Toasted Coconut Pie (made this for Thanksgiving, OMG good! Dark chocolate and coconut, where can you go wrong? With only 5 ingredients its a perfect little pie.)


2. Baked Hawaiian Ham and Swiss Sandwiches (these looks so good! There always seems to be tons of leftover ham at every family event, so why not make these the next day for all of those house guests?)

3. Peppermint Bark Cheesecake (apparently, this is a Cheesecake Factory knock-off recipe. I don't really go to the Cheesecake Factory ever so I wouldn't know, but I do LOVE peppermint bark and I LOVE cheesecake, so why not combine the two? Hello awesomeness!)


4. Frozen Whip Cream Shapes (how cool is this? Some people are totally brilliant. This is not a hard thing to think of, simply make whipped cream and spread it on a sheet; freeze then cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters and watch it melt in your mug of hot chocolate.)


5. Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (made this last week. Having never made fudge before, this recipe was super straight-forward and it turned out unbelievably delicious.)


6. Cranberry Ice Cream Pie (another from the Brown Eyed Baker, I just love her recipes. This pie looks so yummy and I think it would be a nice addition to the warm pies that are usually serves with Christmas dinner, or even better for Christmas Eve.)

7. Grasshopper Bars (I have made these before. My husband who isn't a huge sweets person is still talking about how much he likes these bars. They are perfect for this time of year because of the wonderful minty green color.)


8. Gingerdoodles/Snickersnaps (if gingersnaps and snickerdoodles had a love child these cookies would be that baby. Making them for my sister-in-law's cookie exchange.)


9. Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix (this has been on my to do list for a while. I love the idea of making my own mixes and this time of the year I seem to be drinking a ton of hot cocoa. Why not make my own mix, save money and I won't be worried about all the chemicals in the stuff in the packets. This would also make a great holiday gift.)


10. Melted Snowmen Cookies (how stinking cute are these guys?)

No comments:

Post a Comment