This blog is no longer hosted on this site. Check out the new and improved Domestic360 at domestic360life.com for even more DIYs, recipes, and fashion tips!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Easy Chalkboard Menu Board DIY

I've got so many projects going on right now. I'm feeling the nesting vibe early (at 20ish weeks?)  with this pregnancy. I've been feeling the need to clean, bake, plan (gardens and menus), organize, and create. Its been hard because of my little one running around and playing his favorite game, pull all the toys off the shelf and not play with a single one. He is not allowed in my craft room because there are way too many unsafe (scissors, iron cords, ribbons, etc...) items at his level, so I haven't been able to do much crafting or sewing.

My other problem is that I am having a hard time sticking with one project. The result? Lots of unfinished projects.

One of the projects that I did finish this week, was this really easy Chalkboard Menu Board. The only reason I actually finished it, was because I had a deadline. I had a catering gig, and I needed a menu, thus a finished project!


This project couldn't be any easier! Seriously. Just pick out a pre-cut piece of wood from the craft store ( they have all sorts of different sizes and shapes), paint it with chalkboard paint (I used Martha Stewart's brand, follow the instructions on the bottle), let it dry, and then prop it up on a frame stand and write your menu. DONE! So easy! So simple! Impossible to screw up.


How cute is that? I love it! So useful, its can be used over and over and over and over and over, well you get the idea. I love the look, I really might make a few more and hang them up everywhere! I dare you to take an afternoon and make one of these. 

Leave a comment and let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment