This blog is no longer hosted on this site. Check out the new and improved Domestic360 at domestic360life.com for even more DIYs, recipes, and fashion tips!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

A New Dunn Family Lifestyle - With Recipes

My husband is on a new healthy "lifestyle" quest. He has been going to the gym, we have been watching less TV (he even unplugged it and hid it!), we have been hanging out as a family outside as much as the weather has permitted, and I have been asked to reinvent our weekly meal plans.

Now, I would say that usually I am a pretty health conscious cook and that the problem is that my dear hubby doesn't want to eat the whole-wheat, low-sugar, still-tastes-great-but-weirds-him-out, "healthy" food that I make. Half the time I don't even tell him that what I'm feeding him is healthy and usually he doesn't notice and loves it, but now that he is pursuing this new lifestyle I have free reign to make all the healthy, unprocessed food I want!

This week is the first week in my healthy menu quest. I have made salmon (first time ever cooking fish), and homemade fruit snacks, cilantro lime hummus, Vitatop knockoff muffins, and tons of other awesome things for my family. I wanted to share my success and some recipes.


  • Triple Chocolate Chunk Vitatop Knockoff Muffins (seriously tastes like decadent bakery chocolate muffins. So yummy!)
  • EASY Salmon (or chicken) Packets (I don't like fish so I used a thin piece of chicken. Also, I can't stress how easy this recipe is! I haven't ever made fish before, like never ever, and my husband said it was really good)
  • Power Breakfast Cookies (I kinda made up my own recipe, but this link is pretty close to what I made. My 15 month old son ate these like candy, seriously he ate about two good-sized cookies every morning)
  • Homemade Fruit Snacks (these are really good and easy and cheap, and I don't know why you would need to buy fruit snacks from the grocery store again)
  • Cilantro Lime Hummus (this is a little spicy, and we like spicy. I think next time I will cut down on the cayenne pepper just a little)

Let me know what your favorite healthy recipes are!

No comments:

Post a Comment