This blog is no longer hosted on this site. Check out the new and improved Domestic360 at domestic360life.com for even more DIYs, recipes, and fashion tips!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Whole30 Journey - Week 4

This is going to be a short post, I am still riding the high of Week 3, but I wanted to share a little of my Week 4 experiences. 

This week has been a little harder than last week. I have been more tired and have taken a few naps, but I am pretty sure that has more to do with A waking up a few times a night to feed and chasing after J all day long. 

I have noticed that my skin has been clearer. I have pretty sensitive skin and if I don't rinse my face off after eating a juicy piece of fruit then I will break out. I had a rash on my chin, it wasn't really visible but it was bumpy. It had been there for a few weeks and I couldn't figure out what it was from. That has pretty much disappeared. I also had some form of hives on my hand, again no idea where it came from, and that is gone too.

I have eaten a ton of great food on this journey. Its been amazing how rewarding real, clean, healthy food can be after you get all the crap flushed out of your system. I cannot wait to share some more recipes!

I am looking forward to the reintroduction process. I can't wait to have cheese again! I am a little worried that I won't like it anymore, so many people say that the foods they loved before don't really appeal to them after the Whole30. I really want to still love cheese, especially since that is one of the foods that is paleo approved. 

CONFESSION: I didn't actually start reading It Starts with Food until mid Week 3. I don't recommend that course of action. I read a ton of stuff from the Whole30/Whole9 website and blog, but didn't start reading the book until later. I still haven't finished it and am kind of skipping around a little to get whats important in the moment. I think the Whole30 is doable and doable successfully without reading It Starts with Food, but I think you will get a lot more out of the program and be even more successful long term if you read the book. 

That's it for now folks! 
Let me know if you are thinking about starting your own Whole30 Journey! 

Xoxo, 
Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment