This blog is no longer hosted on this site. Check out the new and improved Domestic360 at domestic360life.com for even more DIYs, recipes, and fashion tips!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Whole30 Journey - Reintroduction


iced coffee with cream
Day 1 - Dairy

What I ate:

  • A splash of cream in my coffee - it was good, but honestly I like coconut milk in coffee. I don't think I will go back to cream unless that is the only option
  • Two spoonfuls of plain Greek yogurt over peaches - again, good but I like coconut milk.
  • Three slices of cheese with turkey roll-ups - this was more what I had been missing.
  • Small amount of mozzarella with dinner - yup! I missed cheese!
  • Small bowl of ice cream after dinner - holy sweetness Batman! I haven't had any kind of sweeteners in a month and that sugary ice cream was crazy! It didn't even taste that awesome. I wasn't relishing it, it was almost sickeningly sweet. 
How I felt:
Ugh! I started feeling kind of crampy in my hips and lower back, kind of like mild
contractions or PMS. My joints felt sore, I was bloated, and I got a stomach ache after the ice cream. I had a really hard time falling asleep and didn't sleep well at all. Seems like my body isn't loving the dairy or the sugar.


Day 4 - Gluten
amish friendship bread
(not actually what I ate, but I forgot to take a pic)


What I ate:

  • 1/2 of a giant (seriously, bigger than my head) pancake - couldn't eat more than half.
  • A few Ritz crackers through out the day - megh, take it or leave it.
  • A slice of homemade wheat bread with dinner - this was pretty good, I really do love a good slice of homemade bread.
How I felt:
Honestly, gluten is what I was expecting would give me to hardest time, and I didn't notice any reaction. I felt fine on the day I introduced it and I felt fine in the days following.


grits from mallery street cafe, st. simons island, georgia

Day 7 - Non-Gluten Grains

What I ate:
  • Grits with breakfast - we were in Georgia, so I had a good southern bowl of grits!
  • Gluten-free bread sandwich - Udi makes a really tasty bread.
  • Rice with dinner - just white rice, not to interesting. take it or leave it.
How I felt:
I was pretty much fine all day until after dinner. My fingers started to swell up about 45 minutes after dinner. It was slightly itchy and painful. I am thinking rice may not be my ticket to healthy living.


Day 10 - Legumes

SKIPPED IT! 

I don't really have any desire to reintroduce legumes into my diet. I honestly don't miss them. Not even peanut butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment